Keys to Successful Weight Release & Abundant Wellness
Instead of LOSING weight…RELEASE it! If you lose something, you just may find it again, which is what happens to most people who “lose” weight through dieting. By living & eating clean, & enjoying the process, you can achieve a Happy, Healthy Weight that lasts a lifetime!
- Understand & enhance your metabolism, hormones & the communication between your brain, gut & fat cells. Food does not always equal nutrition. The nutritional value of the calories we take in is more important than the quantity. Our body cannot effectively utilize processed foods. It was designed to function with real, whole food (cooked naturally – not nuked with radiation) – fuel that it recognizes!
When you eat, you not only supply your body with the energy it needs to operate, you also provide it with a set of very specific instructions that tell it how well or poorly to operate. In a sense, your body is like a computer. Fortunately, it’s much easier to program our bodies to lose weight & regain health than it is to program a computer. All we need to do is choose the right foods & engage in healthy habits.
- Enjoy foods that help control your appetite & avoid foods that interfere with your body’s ability to function properly. Foods to avoid are: ~Hydrogenated & refined oils, Sugars & artificial sweeteners, Refined flour products, Fast food & processed junk.
- Your last meal of the day should be no less than 2 hours, & preferably 3 hours, before you go to sleep. Your metabolism slows down while sleeping in order to allow for growth & repair. Since your body does not require fuel at night, any food that you eat late at night may be primarily stored as fat.
- Give your body only the calories it needs to maintain, or gradually lose weight. Provide consistent, nutrient-rich fuel to allow your body to function optimally, without triggering starvation.
- Consume 4-6 small, frequent meals to optimize our metabolism, provide sustained energy & release fat. Avoid consuming excessive calories at one or two sittings.
- Eat early & often. Eat breakfast daily to “kick-start” your metabolism & burn more calories throughout the day.
- Balance your glycemic load by consuming more fiber & avoiding sugar (especially high fructose corn syrup) & high glycemic foods for blood sugar balance, satiety, sustained energy & weight management.
- Create balanced, nutritious meals with real foods & healthy fats.
- Consume stress-reducing foods & avoid stress-producing foods.
- Practice active relaxation like meditation, prayer, guided imagery & detoxify with Far Infrared saunas & steam baths.
- Breathe deeply to reduce stress, oxygenate cells & burn fat.
- Understand & control the effects of stress on weight management. Stress = Cortisol = Reduced leptin sensitivity = Hunger = Weight gain
- Control inflammation – This is a hidden factor of which many people are unaware is affecting their health & ability to lose weight. More than ½ of Americans do not know their bodies are inflamed & poor diet is the primary cause. Unfortunately, a vicious cycle occurs because overweight causes inflammation, & inflammation creates obesity.
- Consume anti-oxidants & good fats.
- Exercise regularly.
- Release & manage stress.
- Find out if you have a food allergy which contributes to inflammation. Most common allergies include: wheat, dairy, eggs, corn, soy & peanuts.
- Prevent cellular oxidation (“rust”) which interferes with metabolic efficiency & causes inflammation. Eliminate the causes of oxidative stress which wreaks havoc on your body & contributes to premature aging & disease.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid charbroiled foods.
- Avoid excess sugar & refined carbohydrates.
- Avoid excess alcohol.
- Reduce exposure to toxins, petrochemicals & heavy metals.
- Reduce exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Reduce exposure to tobacco smoke.
- Reduce air pollutants.
- Avoid excessive or insufficient exercise.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep.
- Treat chronic infections.
- Balance caloric intake & nutritional value of foods.
- Detoxify your liver & gut which may have an overload of yeast & toxins from food & the environment.
- Reduce your exposure to fungal toxins.
- Reduce & release stress.
- Improve breathing & oxidation.
- Choose foods that are high in antioxidants & phytonutrients.
- Enhance thyroid function. The thyroid hormone plays an integral role in regulating your body’s metabolism. Hypothyroidism affects over 10,000,000 Americans & is a leading cause of weight gain. One of the more common causes of hypothyroidism is an allergy to gluten. Gluten-containing foods include wheat, rye, barley, spelt, kamut & oats. Excess soy, iodine, stress & inflammation can also interfere with thyroid function.
- Find out the cause of your thyroid dysfunction & strive to correct the imbalance.
- Exercise & take saunas for natural detoxification.
- Eat foods that provide nutritional support for your thyroid & avoid those that are damaging. Include seaweed & sea vegetables, fish, dark leafy greens, smelt, herring, scallops & Brazil nuts, which provide supportive nutrients.
5. Minimize exposure to toxins & detoxify your liver for proper elimination of toxins. Many chemicals, including pesticides, plasticizers, DDT, PCBs, dioxin & the drug DES, act as endocrine disrupters. Endocrine disrupters interfere with communication between hormones & cells.
- Go organic! When shopping, choose mostly organic products & grass-fed, naturally processed meats & dairy products.
- Drink filtered water, preferably 6-8 glasses of water per day to hydrate, cleanse toxins & flush fat. Green tea has added benefits of antioxidants, stress reduction, energy & metabolic stimulation.
- Use HEPA air filters on your vacuum & air filtration system.
- Clean & monitor your heating system.
- Grow house plants to help clean your air.
- Air out your dry cleaning or choose one that uses healthier methods. Avoid exposure to environmental petrochemicals.
- Avoid using toxic household & personal care products.
- Clean your living & working spaces often.
- Minimize electromagnetic & ionizing radiation.
- Avoid using Teflon-coated pans.
- Make sure you are having 1-2 bowel movements per day.
- Exercise regularly & get massage.
- Eat foods that help you increase glutathione & detoxify your body, including: cruciferous vegetables, green tea, watercress, dandelion greens, cilantro, artichokes, garlic, citrus peels, pomegranate & cocoa.
You were blessed with the gift of life & a miraculous vehicle to carry you toward the finish line of your destiny. Enjoy your life & see yourself as God sees you – perfectly & wonderfully made with a temple of gifts to bless others & enjoy a life of abundance!